How I wish one day I'll return to my past...
to the time where everything was perfect and worry-less
and I could just smile and laugh that was truly deep from my heart...
looking out for stars when I'm sitting in the car at night and count them...
licking my favourite strawberry ice-cream...
sitting on the swing and swing as high as possible
watching cartoons
playing my favourite pieces on the piano
cycling around my neighbourhood with my friends
swimming during weekends
to make a smile and laugh on my face is truly that simple
when I was just a little girl,
I never knew where the world would take me
where would I belong and what I'll become
everyday, I used imaginations to draw my future
and that time I never looked back once...
slowly I forgot the real me when I walked down my future lane
and when I grew up, standing between a teenager and a young adult,
I finally got what I want all along, my freedom.
but at the same time, I lost something that was with me all the time
something I never reliased I'm having until I lost it -
my simple happiness.
looking back at the photos my mom took of me
the little girl in the photos look like a stranger to me,
at least that time, I didn't have to fake that smile at all
just looking at these photos, they bring tears
I knew I never get to go back in time, I'll never get to experience my childhood again
yet, I can't stop thinking of going back...to the moment when I'm sitting on the swing
now, I have to use my imagination again to go back, to the time where I never fake my smile...

No comments:
Post a Comment